Mumbai, Portfolio Analytics - Associate/ Sr.Associate
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has over 750 professional with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong.
The Portfolio Analytics group of MSFS focuses on providing solutions for risk and performance measurement, portfolio transparency reporting, Factor Analysis and other bespoke analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele. The group seeks a Quant to help perform analytics and contribute towards systematic solutions for hedge fund portfolios.
- The incumbent will be responsible for timely preparation and delivery of quantitative analyses related to portfolio risk and performance at same time contributing to the development of new calculations aimed at addressing future client needs.
- The candidate will be expected to acquire detailed understanding of the client-facing analytics applications of MSFS to be able answer related questions on reported metrics.
- The candidate will work in a team environment to resolve queries of hedge fund clients with technical and business acumen.
- The candidate should be able to a) contribute towards quickly building new analytical tools and offerings and b) help with the testing and prototyping efforts during improvement of the existing tools.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving ability with a quantitative aptitude
- Hands on experience of coding with R/ Python/C/C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to details
- Familiarity with Equities and Equity derivatives products
- Understanding of various measures of portfolio performance and risk
- Ability to work with a team, brainstorm and engage using idea-exchange
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it
B Tech or a Masters in Quantitative discipline such as Financial Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics/Computing with up to 2 years of relevant experience. Certification such as CFA, CQF or FRM will be an added advantage although not mandatory.
The role requires working in shift from 1 pm - 10 pm or 12 pm – 9 pm as the case may be.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.