Lead Financial Officer, APAC Institutional Services, Assistant Vice President
The Lead Financial Officer (LFO), APAC Institutional Services (IS) will provide financial support for various key IS Business Leaders including Regional Segment Heads and Country Heads. The position is responsible for budgeting, forecasting and long term strategic planning as well monthly financial performance reviews. The candidate will leverage the Finance Insight Center shared service teams analysis and support and liaise with Global LFOs and Regional Finance and accounting teams. The LFO will be expected to present information to appropriate levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Lead Financial Officer, APAC IS you will
- Leverage the Insight (Shared Service) centers for planning, forecasting and analysis including advising and consulting to the business heads
- Forecasting and rest of year risks and opportunities and identifying potential levers to mitigate
- Prepare any ad hoc financial analysis required by Business Management or the APAC and Global IS LFOs
- Oversee the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for financial reviews with senior management
- Support and advise the strategic planning process in conjunction with the business or functional head
- Lead special projects, including financial modeling, business case development and follow up, in conjunction with the Insights Center
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with exceptional ability to prioritize work priorities
- Initiative and ability to collaborate with a diverse stakeholder base to deliver timely and high quality output
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant Accounting Degree
- Experience in FP&A or Business Partner role preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of Essbase a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.