Accountant, Regional Finance
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Under general direction, responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex accounting and analytical duties including the consolidation and reporting of financial results in compliance with Accounting and regulatory standards. Researches and resolves accounting or reporting issues and communicates to management.
- Responsible for various routine accounting duties including general ledger maintenance, preparation of journal entries, and compilation of data for various financial reports.
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process including the review of company wide inter-company reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation and production of all periodic financial statements in compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of all filings with the SEC and other regulatory bodies including footnote disclosures, tables, etc.
- Interacts with both internal and external auditors.
- Work with various internal and external partners on cross-functional processes or projects providing analytical and procedural expertise.
- Research moderately complex accounting transactions and reporting issues with some guidance from the subject matter expert.
- May perform various analysis required to assess the financial position and operating results of the organization.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred.
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is required / preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.