Accounting Senior Associate
The Accounting Senior Associate should be able to support keeping the accounting records for large and/or complex clients of the company assigned, in accordance with the accounting legislation in force.
Should have the ability to perform full monthly closing, presenting final monthly trial balance to the superior + preparation of VAT declaration.
To supervise, support and review the activity of a team of direct reports and in order to deliver clients high quality accounting support services, controls own budget, maintains client relationship.
- Serves simultaneously a client portfolio of different sectors as allocated by the Manager/ Partner in charge.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of the plan on assigned clients/tasks and report timely to direct supervisors any deviations.
- Data entry for the keeping of management and financial accounting for specific clients.
- Performs data entry quality control of more junior team members.
- Plans and prioritizes own daily tasks.
- Responsible for the appropriate monthly and annualy reconciliations of relevant account balances in accordance to statutory accounting requirements including VAT returns.
- Responsible for the complete preparation of the trial balances for clients portofolio.
- Prepares and verifies financial statements and management accounts (balance sheet, profit and loss account and notes) for clients portfolio.
- Prepare appropriate analytical review of the trial balance to identify unusual variations in current month/quarter/year movements versus previous periods’ movements (expenses, incomes, unusual transations) and prepare economic and financial analysis requested by the Manager/ Partner in charge.
- Prepares for small clients all fiscal declarations in accordance with the legal provisions.
- Responsible for the submission of various tax return declarations and required documents to the Financial Administration or other public authorities.
- Represents the clients to authorities and public institutions (The Ministry of Public Finance, the Fraud Squad, the Financial Administration) and private legal entities, with client representatives.
- Responsible for efficient registration, filing and archiving of documents for proper tracking and effective access by topic & chronologically, performed by Junior Associates.
- Ensures the correctness of any data/ documents introduced into the system, corrects identified errors or, if the case, escalates to the Manager in charge to receive clarifications/ directions.
- Keeps updated and complies on accounting and fiscal regulation changes.
- Respects deadlines
- Post Graduate Studies in Accounting and Bookkeeping Information Systems, Audit, Finance, Insurance, Banks, Business Management or other relevant areas.
- 4+ years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Preferably 1+ years of People Management experience.
- Holding (preferably) or studing for a Romanian Chartered Accountant certification or an equivalent foreign title.
- Computer literate (i.e. MS Office, ECDL, etc.) mainly Excel & Word.
- Advanced operating knowledge on at least three financial aplications, similar to the ones used by the firm and/or the clients.
- Advanced knowledge on at least one foreign language, preferably English.
- Agility, ability to meet deadlines, basic management skills.
- Excellent knowledge on accounting, tax compliance and financial principles.
- Ability to work at client premises.
- Ability to think analytically and logically and to analyse problems for implementing practical solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Team orientation to approach and work together with people.
- Attention to detail.