FSO - Technology Transformation - Technology Change Delivery- Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
FSO - Technology Transformation - Technology Change Delivery- Manager – New York (Primary), Phoenix, Hoboken, Philadelphia, Mclean, Atlanta, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Working on projects that cross financial sectors, the experiences you gain here will be invaluable. You’ll help businesses realize the value from their IT investments supporting strategy, improving the customer experience and driving growth. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll provide advice on technology enablement, as well as the strong affect IT has during major program transformations.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll lead our projects, either managing stand-alone projects or elements of multiple client engagements. You’ll provide leadership, manage and motivate teams with diverse skillsets, deliver quality client service, and demonstrate technical capabilities and knowledge. Managers are expected to maintain long-term client relationships and networks to cultivate business development and future sales.
Skills and attributes for success
We work with clients to plan and deliver business-led, technology-driven transformation programs. We develop practical, executable plans to manage the journey from strategy through execution. Our team uses industry-leading program management tools to accelerate start-up and enable highly efficient and effective program management.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or a related field, with approximately 3+ post-bachelor's relevant consulting experience
- Approximately 5+ years of experience with end-to-end IT delivery
- Proven delivery skills, including the ability to scope/size a project; staff an appropriate team, provide subject-matter direction and guidance; manage communications with the project sponsors and the delivery of a work stream
- Experience in scheduling and delivering implementations that include multiple components with tight interdependencies and governance
- Large-scale, portfolio, program management experience; demonstrating acumen in PMBOK process areas such as scheduling, risk, budgeting, and quality management
- Experience in managing the technical direction of a project from initiation and requirements through design, build, testing, and implementation using frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with at least three of the following skills, Technical delivery and Agile transformation, IT transformation/complex program management, Program/portfolio architecture, Business and IT alignment, IT organizational change management, IT cost optimization and budget/financial and enterprise resource management, IT service/delivery management, including shared services, IT systems integration and separation
- Ability to travel to domestic and international client sites as much as 80% to 100% of a work week.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Finance
- Experience working in the financial services industry and/or the professional services industry
- Experience working with executive IT and/or business leadership
- Experience managing large-scale complex Agile transformations using tools like VersionOne, Rally, or Jira
- Knowledge of standard IT methodologies and processes such as PMBOK, Prince2, Six Sigma, CMMI, product management, systems development life cycles
- Relevant industry certification (e.g., PMP, Agile CSM, SAFe)
- An understanding of master scheduling and integrated project planning
What we look for
- Practitioners applying PMI disciplines for IT project and program management activities
- Seasoned client serving professionals with experience in the Financial Services industry focused on enterprise transformations
- Great communication skills both at the personal level as well as in the professional set-ups
- Intensive experiences in business development, leading and supporting proposals
- People oriented, reliable, resilient and responsive individuals
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.