The accounting associate should offer support in keeping the accounting records for large and/or complex clients of the company assigned, in accordance with the accounting legislation in force.
Should have the ability to perform full monthly closing, presenting final monthly trial balance to the superior + preparation of VAT declaration.
- Simultaneously serves a portfolio of clients of different sectors
- Data entry for the keeping of management and financial accounting
- Assists/ supports clients on inventory activities, on their premises
- Prepare (for allocated clients) the monthly trial balances to be reviewed by the Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Assists the preparation of financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss account) for allocated small clients or as assigned by Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Ability to prepare appropriate analytical review of the trial balance to identify unusual variations in current month movements versus previous movements (expenses, incomes, unusual transations) and assist the prepation of economic and financial analysis.
- Delivery of various tax return and other physical documents at the Financial Administration or other public authorities.
- Ensures the correctness of any data/ documents introduced into the system application used, corrects errors identified or, if the case, escalates to the responsible person for the specific job or the Manager in charge to receive clarifications/ directions.
- Keeps updated and complies on accounting and fiscal regulation changes based on the information and directions as provided by the company.
- Respects deadlines.
- Job requirements
- Completed Post Graduate Studies, in Accounting and Bookkeeping Information Systems, Audit, Finance, Insurance, Banks, Business Management or other relevant areas by the end of his tenure at this level.
- 2+ years of previous experience in an accounting role.
- Computer literate (i.e. MS Office, ECDL, etc.) mainly Excel & Word.
- Advanced operating knowledge on at least three financial aplications, similar to the ones used by the firm and/or the clients.
- Advanced knowledge on at least one foreign language, preferably English.
- Agility, ability to meet deadlines, basic management skills.
- Good knowledge on accounting, tax compliance and financial principles.
- Ability to work at client premises.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Team orientation to approach and work together with people.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrates significant commitment to own professional development; proactively seeks out knowledge, information and training on broad array of aspects that are value adding to the firm.