Finance Manager - Biggleswade
Up to £62,000 plus benefits (Work Level 5)
Biggleswade depot with home-based working too
We're looking for an experienced finance manager to help us start up our new, state of the art distribution centre in Biggleswade.
Opening in January 2022, Biggleswade will be our flagship depot in the heart of Bedfordshire; the biggest, most sustainable and high-tech regional distribution centre in our network.
In this role, you'll be an expert on the depots financial systems, processes and operational metrics to enable you to support decision making across the new site. But this isn't a numbers-based desk job, we'll also look to you to work with our operational teams, understanding their challenges and improve performance.
If you can bring us the financial management experience we need along with the ability to build strong relationships, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills, build a career and help shape the future of this brand-new depot.
What you'll do
* support the depot leadership team and logistics finance in defining, understanding, implementing and reporting all data, MI and metrics
* drive a culture of continuous improvement
* be responsible for budgeting and cost control
* support the delivery of both projects and local change initiatives by providing key financial insights, metrics and a solid governance framework
* work collaboratively with the depot's leadership team to develop both the daily operating management rhythm and controls and the longer-term strategy of the depot
* drive and maintain a safe and secure working environment in which safety is at the forefront of everything we do
This role would suit people who have
* management accounting experience in a FMCG or logistics environment
* a relevant financial qualification i.e ACCA, CIMA, ICAS, ICAEW
* a talent for building strong relationships with the ability to communicate with and influence people at all levels
* a passion for driving continuous improvement
* strong analytical skills, with the ability to interrogate data and provide insights to drive decision making
* experience of managing P&L, budgets, forecasts, critical metrics etc
* Microsoft Office or Google Workspace knowledge with advanced spreadsheet skills; confidently able to use pivot tables, macros, VLOOKUP and other formulas
* experience with systems such as Tier1, SAP or Cognos would be beneficial, but not essential
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.