Senior Analytics Portfolio Manager
Senior Analytics Portfolio Manager
Would you like to be a part of a collaborative team, where you can use your investment analytical expertise to drive efficiency? BAE Systems Pensions Funds Investment Management Limited, the dedicated asset manager responsible for the £27B+ in assets held by the BAE Systems Pension Schemes, is hiring. We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Analytics Portfolio Manager at our site in Burwood House, London.
As a Senior Analytics Portfolio Manager, you will be leading a quantitative analysis unit which supports the BAPFIM Front Office Desk Heads, CIO, and will report into the CRO, which is a newly created role within BAPFIM. The role will primarily focus on the production of detailed investment performance and risk analysis informing investment decision making and regular performance reporting to Scheme Trustees. You will drive best practice and continuous improvement in all portfolio analytics undertaken within the business. You will initially report directly to the Deputy CIO and ultimately into a newly created Risk Management unit within the business.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team and with complicated, innovative and fast-moving investment portfolios. You will be provided with exposure to a broad spectrum of asset classes and will be asked to work with members of the investment team on complex deals, provide portfolio and risk analytics to inform decision making by the CIO, as well as leading the performance analytics which ultimately form part of the reporting to the pension scheme trustees.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Analytics Portfolio Manager will involve:
- Leading in the performance of the following core tasks, including signoff and workflow management and planning, supported by a junior Quantitative Analyst for whom will take direct supervisory responsibility
- Ensuring monthly and quarterly performance reporting control panel input production support, utilising data provided by Finance and the Front Office, and performing second line data validation thereon
- Completing performance reporting data validation and reviewing support in association with BAPFIM Finance and Front Office personnel
- Inputting periodic analytical performance reporting
- Implementing periodic portfolio risk analytical support, including sector and risk factor exposures, trends and outlooks
- Ensuring Ad-hoc portfolio and asset-level analytical input as necessary to inform asset allocation, hedging and other investment decisions by the Front Office
- Completing portfolio and cashflow outlook analysis in conjunction with BAPFIM Finance, in order to inform liquidity provisioning and also investment pacing decisions
- Looking to develop reporting platforms and data management structures to meet the reporting and analytical demands of the business
Your skills and qualifications:
- High level of numeracy and financial literacy
- Financial analysis in an investment management or financial setting
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills; experience working with other databases such as Skyval, Dynamo and / or Bloomberg preferred
- Statistical and Mathematical mind set
- Prior supervisory or teamworking experience
- Ability and experience if using reporting and visualisation tools, e.g. Tableau, PowerBI
What we're looking for in you:
You will be numerate, inquisitive, and an independent thinker who is highly motivated and well versed in financial analytical techniques, and comfortable working in a team. You will have developed communication skills in order to exchange complex information with the potential to develop communication and diplomacy skills in order to persuade and influence at a senior level. Ideally you will have experience of mentoring or managing junior analysts.
Location: Burwood House, London
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of the Head Office team, you'll be at the heart of this endeavour - working closely with our air, maritime, land and cyber and intelligence businesses to support our customers around the world.
Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.