Accountant - Divisional Controlling | Al Futtaim Automotive | Dubai, UAE
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About The Role:
As a member of Automotive Divisional Controlling – to support the AM / FM on delivering
- Review / revision of existing account policies and creation / drafting of new accounting policies.
- Finance Transformation – Support in Finance Transformation Journey by streamlining the associated activities to related finance process towers
- Creating a robust Financial controlling framework
- Creating an Effective / efficient framework covering Close, Certify & Compliance activities
- Ensure financial records are correct and support external audit.
- Regular Trial Balance review and Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Robust, timely and accurate Financial Reporting
- Provide analytical support
- Efficiency improvement by Identifying opportunities of Standardization & Automation of processes
- Financial Statements & Accounting / Reporting Standards / Group Policies
- Assists the Accounts Manager in review of the existing accounting policies and help in drafting / amending them and creating accounting policies for automotive specific areas.
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to Group discussions as subject matter expert.
- To monitor closing of books on a monthly basis with other SSF teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
Balance Sheet substantiation / Trial Balance Reviews
Support Accounts Manager to carry out detailed review of key automotive accounts in Trial Balance and ensure substantiation of balances appearing against it.
- Control framework and standards (substantiation)
- Divisional Financial close (Attestation)
- Entity performance Scorecards
- Issue log / resolution plan & progress report
- SSF KPI / SLA Governance
- Collection Infrastructure
- Insurance requirements
- Master Data Liaison
- Tax Support
- Treasury Support
- Credit Support
- Leasing Support
Robust SSF towers processes
Ensure robust SSF process tower processes through
- Standardizing the accounting process,
- Regular key account reconciliations,
- Improved Fixed Asset management,
- Improve month-end process & related reporting.
- To coordinate external Audit of the automotive entity by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in SSF and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Finance Function / Overseas support
- Provide support for overseas entities by reviewing the current processes and sharing best practices and processes in improving the standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Professional accounting qualification.
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience within a large organization.
- Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizen attitude, Self-motivated; and a strong team player.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.