UAE National-MIS Accountant | Al Futtaim Automotive | Dubai, UAE
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
UAE National –MIS Accountant - Al Futtaim Automotive – Dubai, UAE
About The Role
As a member of MIS team, you would be responsible for supporting the AGM on delivering
- Robust, timely and accurate financial planning and Reviews
- Provide Commercial and analytical support
- Ensure accounting and financial records are correct and support external audit.
Five Year Plan / Budget / Quarterly Reviews
- To Coordinate with Business finance teams on preparation of Five year plans/ Annual Budget/ Quarterly reviews on Profit and Loss and Balance sheet for business units.
- Ensure adherence to group reporting timelines and BPC updation to facilitate timely and quality reviews.
Profit Forecasts / Daily / Weekly Operating controls
- Prepare monthly Flash profit forecasts in co-ordination with Business Finance teams.
- Prepare quality daily / Weekly operating controls on business performance against agreed objectives with Finance Manager.
Monthly Management Reporting and Reviews
- To prepare quality monthly management reports with commentary for review with the Finance Manager / AGM Finance.
- Support Business Finance Team in preparation of monthly management & Board reports
Divisional KPI and Cost analysis
- Prepare actionable analytics and benchmarking of business units through automotive specific Divisional and Retail KPI.
- Prepare detailed cost analysis and identify key drivers for improvement plans.
- Build early warning trends and triggers to highlight deviations in business revenue and cost trends and recommend corrective action.
Monthly Closing and GL Reviews
- To monitor and control closing of books on a monthly basis with other Automotive teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines.
- Work for continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
- To coordinate external Audit of the automotive entity by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in AFSS and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Professional accounting qualification.
- At least 3 years relevant experience within a large organization.
- Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizen attitude, Self-motivated; and a strong team player.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.