Manager, Regional Controllership
Get to know the Role:
The Regional Finance Manager, coordinates and support all regional finance activities for core verticals (mobility and delivery) including new business end to end finance set up, financial close, accounting matters, and other finance-related activities.
The day-to-day activities:
New Business/Business Support
- Provide directions and coordinate with various country Finance leads in terms of monthly closing activities and ensuring that the financials are in proper order.
- To ensure the accuracy of the Mobility and Delivery vertical monthly P&L, ie revenue, costs, overheads, accruals and prepayment are captured accurately and completely, ensuring that these financials are not only correctly booked in the correct period but also captured in the correct dimensions such as vertical, department, city, product code and GL code etc
Month End Closing
- Responsible for the complete financial management, accounting, and treasury activities of the channel and its operations.
- Oversee the month end closing process, ensure proper cut off, timely accounts reconciliation and generate balance sheet/profit and loss statement with fluctuation comments to provide support for Regional Consolidation Team
- Monthly intercompany confirmations and reconciliation with related companies.
- Manage the balance sheet and income statements of the local and oversea companies served by the Company under IFRS and local statutory reporting requirement.
- Manage the financial audit and ensure tax compliance.
- Liaison with External Auditors/Company Secretarial and Bankers
- Perform other duties assigned by management
- Participate in any finance related discussion and provide recommendation on possible measures to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency such as automation, process change etc
- Proactively identify and develop mitigation action to reduce compliance and risks stemming from operations.
- Assessment on the accounting treatment based on IFRS, if there is launch of a new Grab Product regionally, coordinate with Regional Finance and share across with local Finance.
- Provide support for Regional/Country Finance, FPA and Business on questions or problems relating to core verticals business.
The must haves:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/ or finance, or other accounting subjects required.
- Strong inter-personal skill and able to work with team members from all levels
- Ability to meet tight deadline with minimum supervision
- Able to work in a fast-driven and dynamic work environment
- Resourceful, proactive and self-driven, initiative
- Good knowledge in accounting and well versed in finance operation especially in retail business.
- Proficiency in Google Sheet and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to analyse financial figures and able to troubleshoot issues independently
- Ability to review large amounts of transaction data and analyse for problems
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and effectively organize work in a changing environment.
- Attention to details and follow up on a timely manner
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.