Client Transitions Analyst (Graduate)
HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments. Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for onboarding of new clients onto the Hedgeserv platform, reporting directly to the Supervisor in this department but also with the support of the Manager and Director. They will be involved in every aspect of the client transition with each new client being treated as a project with specific deadlines to be met throughout. By the end of each project the team will have reconciled back all aspects of the NAV to the prior administrator and handed the client over to the NAV team who will then move on with Hedgeserv’s daily and monthly processes. The requisite Induction Training will be provided in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training.
Additional role-specific training shall be provided by the Supervisor, Manager and Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on business needs.
- Working with the new client to ensure all the requisite information necessary is received in order to be able to begin the initial take on in a timely manner
- Load all listed open tax lots into our system and liaising with our Middle Office Department to ensure that all OTC Open tax lots are loaded onto our system along with the daily trades that will be loaded once the initial positions are reconciled
- Reconciling back to the prior administrator books and records and accounting for any differences that may occur between the prior administrators system and the Hedgeserv in-house NAV systems at take on date
- Liaising with the Hedgeserv NAV team during the parallel period where both the previous administrator and Hedgeserv are both producing a NAV
- Ensuring that at each month end during the parallel period that a full reconciliation is completed between the prior administrator and the Hedgeserv records and that any breaks are accounted
- Loading historical trades for Clients where HedgeServ are performing a historical backfill of their Portfolios and reconciling positions and profit and loss on a monthly
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Reconciliation skills with ability to problem solve and to resolve breaks
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or
- Microsoft Office, product and process knowledge an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.