Core Operations – Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The incumbent will be responsible for leading a team of employees in the Check Operations department, building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients, collaborating with teams to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues. They will need to identify and participate in process improvement and project related efforts. The incumbent will provide coaching and development opportunities to staff as well as organize and implement onboarding and training of new employees. Ensure procedures are up to date highlighting best practices and liaise with teams on internal and external audits. Additionally, prepare monthly and adhoc reporting for senior management, identify and report risk issues, breaches, and suspicious activities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President you will
- Be responsible for overseeing Check Operations Team responsible for check clearing and reconciliations
- Become product expert for the department. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model.
- Implement and communicate to staff, advised changes to the risk framework and/or escalation chain
- Build strong relationships with internal IT and external vendors while cultivating a culture in relationship building
- Ensure responsibilities are fairly and impartially carried out; create and maintain an engaged work environment and ensure appropriate communications channels are in place
- Help others adapt to new values , attitudes, norms and behaviors that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk.
- Develop and maintain procedures. Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Decision-making skills
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills
- Interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance, Banking or related field preferred
- 6-8 years of operational experience including previous experience managing staff
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.