Graduate - Finance
Duration: Three years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 25th October 2021
Start Date: September 2022
You will immediately enter the first of three roles with real responsibility, business partnering critical areas of the British Airways business. You could be influencing investment decisions on our onboard products, analysing commercial decisions on network growth opportunities, or negotiating with our vast supplier network to maintain cost competitiveness.
We have influential Finance teams sitting in every department. You’ll make the most of your three years via three rotating placements, experiencing different ideas and projects across the business – all while building your network along the way.
You’ll quickly become an invaluable asset within any team, experiencing the breadth and depth of opportunities that only one of the world's biggest and best-known airlines can provide. We’ll also sponsor and support you to gain your preferred professional finance qualification – CIMA, ACCA or ACA (ICAEW)
We are looking for a minimum of 2:2 degree (or equivalent) or above in any subject. You will be commercially aware, have strong communication skills, and will demonstrate an ability to influence others. You will also have keen problem-solving skills, with a willingness to face up to business challenges in creative and strategic ways.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview and application questions within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11th October – 25th October but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview late November
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in December
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.