Government and Public Sector Estimating System and Pricing Compliance Associate Director
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The opportunity - The ideal locaiton for this role is McLean / Washington, D.C. However, other Eastern or Central time zone cities will be considered
EY Government and Public Sector (“GPS”) is seeking a full-time Estimating System & Pricing Compliance Associate Director. The Estimating System & Pricing Compliance Associate Director will report to the GPS Strategic Pricing Lead. The Estimating System & Pricing Compliance Associate Director will have responsibility for the design, maintenance, and implementation of EY’s Estimating System and compliance to the system within EY’s pricing proposals.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the design, maintenance, and implementation of EY’s Estimating System. You will oversee estimating and pricing policy development and execution, including design and monitoring of controls related to federal estimating system requirements. You will also collaborate with estimating system stakeholders to resolve any process and compliance issues.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide oversight and direction related to estimating system requirements and estimating/pricing policy
- Lead the development and implementation of estimating related policy, procedures, and training to ensure consistency with corporate guidance.
- Provide support and functional guidance for ensuring estimating system compliance, including problem identification and resolution, continuous process improvements related to estimating, pricing, and proposal development activities; and resolution of cross functional issues pertaining to estimating, pricing, and cost proposal development
- Act as the point of contact with DCMA/DCAA related to Estimating System compliance issues and proposal and pricing related audit activities including post award audits.
- Monitor government procurement regulations for impacts to EY’s estimating system
- Ensure the pricing tools and models are kept current in accordance with estimating system
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information in a concise manner
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience dealing with a wide variety of estimating and proposal pricing activities, including cost development and pricing of federal government and commercial contracts
- Experience in FAR and DFARs including aspects of estimating system requirements, requirements for submission of cost or pricing data and cost accounting standards (CAS) principles and procedures for determining allowability, allocability and reasonableness of costs
- Familiar with DCAA estimating system, proposal, forward pricing, and other related audit procedures.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining an estimating or pricing function in a federally regulated business
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance
- The ability to travel to McLean for DCAA meetings, if not residing in the McLean/DC area.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- 3+ years working in a supervisory capacity in an accounting / pricing / finance function
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.