Analyst/Sr. Analyst -Global Financial Control GFC
Northern Trust is looking for an Analyst/Sr. Analyst to join our Global Financial Controls (GFC) team. Under general direction from a Global Financial Internal Controls Testing Manager, this individual performs testing for Northern Trust’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and System & Organizational Controls (SOC) Programs.
- Perform SOX/SOC internal controls testing, including all testing phases/processes related to Northern Trust’s programs: planning, walkthroughs, controls testing, status meetings/updates, and findings/potential control deficiencies.
- Perform and execute internal controls testing, including documentation for completeness and accuracy, test of design, and test of operating effectiveness.
- Document SOX/SOC controls and related testing attributes, in alignment with test objectives and the department’s standards.
- Deliver quality SOX/SOC controls work paper documentation, in accordance with deadlines.
- Perform reviews of business units by understanding the key risks and controls within the function being reviewed.
- Communicate testing evidence and requests with control owners.
- Communicate SOX/SOC testing results with Management.
- Identify SOX/SOC training needs and participate in company/team training
- Ability to lead one or more projects.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by GFC management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and a dynamic work environment as part of a Global Financial Control team working across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
- Technical skills/systems knowledge is preferred
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Sarbanes-Oxley act (SOX 404)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor a plus
- 0 – 5 years. Work experience to include SOX, internal auditing, risk management, compliance.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.