Executive Manager RBS Business Performance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
RBS and Bankwest Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit. We provide financial governance, performance reporting, business partnering, analysis, insight and advice to the Retail Banking Services division of Commbank to drive business performance and optimise operational and strategic decision making.
The key focus to this role is to provide the RBS CEO and Leadership team, RBS CFO, Group Finance and Investor Relations with accurate and timely business performance information, analysis, insight and advice to drive decision making and value creation.
Do work that matters
The Executive Manager RBS Business Performance has the following key areas of responsibility:
- End to end ownership of RBS business performance reporting, servicing the RBS CEO, CFO and Leadership team, together with Group Finance and Investor Relations;
- Consolidation of the RBS business, incorporating Retail, Bankwest, General Insurance and Advice;
- Provision of financial analysis and advice on key business drivers to drive RBS performance and strategy;
- Maintenance of a robust risk and controls environment that complies with both the Group and Financial Services Risk Appetite Statements;
- Provision of Accounting Policy advice to both RBS Finance and the RBS Business;
- Preparation and delivery of high quality presentations and supporting analysis / insight for senior management;
- Answer ad hoc queries on business performance from the RBS CEO and CFO, together with Group Finance and Investor Relations;
- Manage data and reporting tools that underpin performance reporting;
- Provision of inspirational leadership to develop and sustain a strong finance team; and
- Drive continuous improvement by taking a lead role in the development and execution of the RBS Finance business plan.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualified (Accounting or Finance); and
- Post graduate qualification (CA/CPA/CFA).
- Financial Services experience, preferably in a Retail Banking environment (10 years+);
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Proven track record of driving results across a large organisation;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Strong leadership skills, including experience building and managing a high performance team.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/10/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.