Technical Coordinator, Regulatory Reporting (Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive)
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
The Regulatory Reporting team is responsible in the preparation of KIID, CSO Regulatory Returns and AIFMD Regulatory reports on a cyclical basis in accordance with regulatory guidelines to promote comparability and transparency between investors and investment products. It is divided into 3 sub teams, KIID, PRIIPS, CSO and AIFMD.
The job holder is responsible in the preparation and review of monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual.
Ongoing Charges Figure (OCF) and Synthetic Risk and Reward Profile (SRRI) in the KIID as part of the regulatory guidelines enforced by the European Commission under UCITS IV and Other Ongoing Cost, Transaction Cost and NAV History under PRIIPs. The preparation is based on a set processes/procedure and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks. Ensure all reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner. The end deliverable is shared with the Home location (Ireland).
Key Investor Information Document (KIID), Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance-based Products (PRIIPS) and Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive Regulatory Reports are prepared on a cyclical basis (for example; quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country. The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once the reports are prepared, the jobholder will be responsible for reviewing the work of more junior team members including, analysis and research for any discrepancies before the report is issued to the home country for review. The Technical Coordinator will then oversee and review any required corrective work as identified and communicated by the home country before closure.
Due to the cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
The job holder is also expected to train and act as a mentor to junior members of team. Expected to contribute to process improvement and automation within the Regulatory Reporting process. Support transition of activities in accordance with risk and control requirements and work closely with the Team Leader and Process Manager to ensure seamless transition of knowledge from home location.
To have a thorough understanding of the technical aspects/exceptions of the clients in Regulatory Reporting process.
- Perform quality assurance checks on the reports prepared by junior members in the team before delivering to Home Location
- Work closely with counterparts in home locations to resolve queries
- Create, maintain and update procedures/processes
- Ensure compliance with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies
- Review and sign off on the tasks completed by the team members and also on day-to-day deadlines during production cycles.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Process Manager for on-boarding new transitions and staff
- Ensure mock funds are prepared and procedure documents are maintained prior to on-boarding of new clients. Point out issues/exceptions observed and resolved these accordingly with Home Location’s assistance.
- Ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are signed and files are complete
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce risk and develop efficiency of function
- Ensure that technology is available and fully utilized in the most efficient manner
- Ensure full and proper reporting and escalation of any operational issues
- Escalate and communicate any service delivery issues (for example, late reporting) as identified
- On-going review of daily controls and communications of suggested procedural changes
- To assist with training and coaching of new team members
- Follow defined procedures and processes to analyze and reconcile electronic data on a daily basis
- Acquire and keep up-to-date knowledge of processes/procedures related to Regulatory Reporting
- Process/Complete work as requested by line manager or management team.
- Identify and communicate discrepancies/issues and escalate to the appropriate team for resolution
- Work independently, complete assigned tasks in the established timeframe, completes regular assignments without reminders or additional requests
- Work productively and professionally. Demonstrate ways to improve processes and productivity
- Participate in team meetings and activities and promotes a positive team spirit and environment
- Build professional relationships with colleagues and other teams (including but not limited to; Shareholder Services, Fund Accounting and Internal Audit and Control)
- Take ownership of issues through to appropriate resolution or escalation
- Focused Client Relationships – strong client servicing mind set and skills
- Personal Courage – Adaptable to change, adopting new processes and seeks continuous development opportunities, shows accountability to ensure team targets are achieved
- Excellence in Execution – Quality & deadline focused, strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, strong attention to detail
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect – demonstrates a polite and friendly manner when working with colleagues and clients, works to assist others in a courteous manner
- Innovative Thinking – ability to identify and communicate ways to improve processes, services and drive productivity
- Effective Communication – communicates effectively (verbal and written)
- Northern Trust Savvy – Demonstrates good knowledge of Northern Trust and builds knowledge of function (post joining) including standard, processes/procedures required for tasks and has the ability to impart this knowledge effectively with more junior staff members
- Knowledge of financial / capital markets (e.g., Good understanding of financial instruments, operation of capital markets, lifecycle of trade, valuations etc.)
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel and Word) is essential.
- Knowledge of related systems: Bloomberg, Reuters (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally, fluent English necessary.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in preparation of financial statements, regulatory reports, client and board reports of a Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund or financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Background in regulatory / statutory reporting will be preferred
- Minimum of 18 months experience in the process area
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.