Senior Finance Manager, Office of the Deputy CEO
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end-to-end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
The team manages an annual cost base of in the order of $2.5b with direct engagement and exposure to many members of the Bank’s senior leadership team.
You will be responsible for partnering with business and financial stakeholders to support robust and effective decision-making as it relates to various Office of the Deputy CEO projects, including Customer Remediation, through forecasting, reporting, insightful and actionable analysis, and providing required financial control / cost management / assurance activities.
Whilst the position will have a range of BAU activities, the role will support the development of process improvements, automation and project management.
Do work that matters
- Produce and maintain financial models to ensure accurate calculation of remediation and program cost provisions;
- Design and structure analysis and tools to enable flexible reporting and granular break-down of financial information into the underlying components;
- Develop and enhance forecasting models to enable insightful analysis and scenario calculation;
- Partner closely with business and finance stakeholders with respect to remediation and regulatory response initiatives and other projects;
- Implement financial control to ensure underlying inputs and assumptions are up-to-date and supported by appropriate business approvals;
- Manage monthly, half-year and year-end management accounting process with respect to live projects, including financial control activities.
- Recognise commercial issues and escalate where appropriate. Seek opportunities with project stakeholders to define, implement and continuously improve commercial outcomes
- Attend key stakeholder meetings when appropriate.
- Work well in a team environment and contribute to wider team & organisational culture
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- 7+ years post qualification experience in a relevant Finance role
- CA/CPA/CFA qualification
- A high level of experience in providing commercial support for large projects preferable but not essential
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experienced in the review and development of financials models for reporting and forecasting purposes
- Strong data analytic capability and ability to analyse data to deliver insights using statistical, financial modelling or other methods
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and senior stakeholders management skills
- Strong commercial acumen, judgment and demonstrated strong performance in a finance/strategy field
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/10/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.