Director - Global Pricing and Commercial Management
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
One of our key objectives is to Price with Confidence to ensure we are receiving full value from our clients for our services and solutions. You will play an important role working with senior executives responsible for some of our most important accounts (“G360s”) to improve our pricing and profitability.
The Director, Pricing & Commercial Management supports and enables G360 and other large accounts to generate profitable growth through the development and negotiation of Commercial Frameworks, including global rate cards, MSA commercial terms and discount structures.
You will be part of our Global Pricing & Commercial Management team (“GPCM”) and work globally with our most important accounts. GPCM is an experienced senior team of professionals who develop trusted relationships with our most important clients and senior executives of our account teams. GPCM operates in a fast-paced environment and is part of our global Strategic Deals team.
Your key responsibilities
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing pricing and commercial support to our G360 and other large accounts Global Client Service Partners (“GCSPs”) and their account teams in negotiations with their clients’ procurement teams
- Developing multi-country Commercial Frameworks (global rate cards, commercial terms and conditions and discount structures) Key indicators of success in this area include: accurate benchmarking of prices against the competition and the market more generally; and alignment of the commercial approach with the objectives specified by the GCSP for the Account;
- Developing, and if required leading, the negotiation strategy of the Commercial Framework
- Where requested by the GCSP, providing pricing support to client proposals and bids linked to the Commercial Frameworks
- Providing advice on the structure and governance of cross-border commercial arrangements (including working with EY’s tax experts to identify and mitigate unrecoverable tax costs)
- Working with global service line leaders to develop innovative, competitive and profitable global pricing frameworks and methodologies for new and existing service offerings
- You will be based in APAC and willing to travel to work in different locations to work with both clients and account teams
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A self-starting and pro-active attitude as well as the drive, enthusiasm, imagination and resourcefulness to get the job done with the available resources within the required timetable
- The ability to build effective relationships with clients at an appropriate level. You should have a history of maintaining senior relationships with clients and be able to use these skills to develop relationships for EY with senior representatives within the procurement functions of EY’s G360 Accounts in order to complement other relationships already maintained by the wider Account team.
- Resilience to clearly state and justify your commercial position and persuasion skills to get others to accept your point view
- Excellent analytical skills in order to understand and explain complex commercial situations
- A commitment to achieve challenging commercial objectives whilst maintaining high standards of fairness and integrity at all times.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An external perspective of “best practice” in commercial arrangements with clients.
- Experience as “Director” or “Head of” in another ‘Big 4’ accounting firm or another international blue-chip professional service firm.
- At least 15 years professional experience in proposing, negotiating and delivering professional services to clients
- Detailed knowledge of the service offerings made by the ‘Big 4’ accounting firms (having in many cases delivered such service to clients) together with a thorough understanding how each of the offerings can be priced effectively to maximize both value and margin
- A point of competitive differentiation by being regarded as the natural first port of call when client procurement specialists are looking to test new commercial ideas and whose views would be highly valued in shaping their ideas before reaching out to a wider supplier community in a more formal way.
What we look for
The ideal candidate should have a tertiary qualification (e.g. MBA) in business administration, accountancy, or a related discipline or equivalent.
What working at EY offers
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, globally diverse team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
Build your legacy with us
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.