Assistant Director, Operations ASEAN
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
About the Opportunity
This role is responsible for closely monitoring key performance indicators and driving improvement initiatives as required, assisting with the execution of strategic priorities, and working with the ASEAN Core Business Services (CBS) functions to ensure quality service provision to the business. In doing this role, you play an active role in collaborating and managing relationships with key stakeholders in ASEAN and outside the region.
Your Key responsibilities:
- Provide the Market Segment, Service Line & Sector Leaders with timely advice on business performance, relying on reports generated from the finance and markets organizations.
- With an in-depth understanding of business performance, identify areas for improvement and drive activity to deliver improved metrics. This will require working with the ASEAN Leadership team, finance, markets, Business Development and other operations personnel. In doing so, work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders to ensure needs are understood and well represented, acknowledging that we work within a Local, Regional and Global structure.
- With a strong understanding of the strategy and goals, work with the ASEAN leadership team to execute the strategy. The ability to break a strategy down into achievable activities and deliverables will be important, as will teamwork, communication and driving outcomes.
- Together with ASEAN Business Development and Region Markets Finance, provide insights to the Managing Partner on sales and pipeline to help identify opportunities or gaps in the market and forecast the strength of demand, which has implications for future headcount needs and other commercial decisions. Also collaborate with leadership and finance on ensuring adequate governance and controls are in place around business development expense management.
- Oversee firmwide planning processes, from market leadership (strategic) planning, through revenue and account planning, to financial planning and budgeting. Team with Finance, Markets Finance and Talent to ensure the overall plans and budgets align with the ASEAN Region direction.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Talent on their activities, providing guidance and insights as required.
- Prepare leadership packs containing succinct updates on business performance for senior EY leadership within and beyond ASEAN.
- Proactively update on progress and any issues to ensure quick resolution. As a member of the Region Operations and Enablement team, contribute ideas and best practice and team with other members as required.
- Be involved in other projects as required.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Financial literacy and the ability to interpret results and provide advice on performance. In addition, the ability to forecast and project areas that the leaders need to focus on
- Bachelor degree in business
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional services related role
- At least 3 years’ experience in manager role
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Manage multiple agendas; meet demanding time frames and tight deadlines. Ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with competing interests to find a suitable outcome. In addition, the ability to manage change in a complex environment.
- Strong understanding of firm wide systems and processes.
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- Understanding of ASEAN cultures, desirable
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.