Tax - Indirect Tax - Global Trade Consultant
This team is unique among the Big 4 as it operates as a single integrated team across multiple geographies. We advise multinational clients in key industry sectors on international trade issues impacting their Global supply chain in the areas of cost reduction, risk and compliance and strategic planning, irrespective of where in the World they do business. The successful candidate will join this very successful team and be given the unique experience of working on truly Global issues on a daily basis.Your responsibilities as a Customs Consultant will include:
- Be part of a team assisting with provision of global customs compliance services for a broad range of multinational clients in a range of industry sectors
- Prepare responses to client queries by undertaking customs, and or excise technical research
- Support management to successfully deliver multiple, parallel, projects ensuring technical excellence and a pragmatic, business-driven approach.
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively listening to existing clients needs and identifying potential opportunities to undertake additional/new client work
- Assist the team as a subject matter resource (SMR) to contribute to development of automated solutions to enhance our compliance and cost saving propositions.
- Assist the team as a SMR with the deployment of data analytics tools and solutions for client implementations.
- Support the Global Trade team in identifying and building internal and external opportunities
Qualification/skills you will need as a Customs Consultant:
- At least degree level qualification
- Self-starter with strong critical-thinking and curiosity, effective time management, client/commercial awareness.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working autonomously and in a matrix team.
- Experience and/or appreciation of International Trade, Trade Policy and the International Relations arena
- Excellent research, analysis and synthesis skills, preferably in the field of trade, trade policy, tax policy or related fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing team player with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong IT skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office, a necessity, understanding of data analytics principles and software advantageous).
- Practical knowledge of import and export processes, trade procedures and documentation would be advantageous.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.