Actuarial Consulting Senior - Life - Financial Services Office - Bermuda
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to be considered for the position of Actuarial Consulting Senior (Life) in our Financial Services practice in Bermuda. Our Actuarial Consulting practice comprises two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty Insurance products and services. This exciting opportunity is in our Life practice in Bermuda and is a result of the continued growth in the Life insurance/reinsurance industry across the region. This position will involve working closely with other EY teams, particularly in the UK, Europe and US to deliver cross-border engagements to our clients. Here, you’ll be right at the heart of that mission, working directly with clients, collaborating with team members and building your personal brand.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior within the Actuarial Consulting (Life) group, you’ll be challenged to participate on engagement teams focused on a wide variety of areas including:
- Financial Reporting
- Risk Management
- Actuarial Transformation®
- Financial Modelling
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Audit Support / Approved Actuary support
- Capital optimisation
- Investment advisory
- New business start-up services
- IFRS 17
Skills and attributes for success
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and consistently deliver quality client services
- Drive high-quality work products within expected time frames and on budget and monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks, and stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Develop relationships with team members across all of EY’s practices to serve client needs
- Demonstrate in-depth technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge and a demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge
- Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from an internationally recognized actuarial association
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major
- A minimum of eighteen (18) months’ of recent relevant experience in an actuarial-oriented position; prior actuarial consulting experience preferred
- Actively pursuing a professional actuarial designation with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Society of Actuaries, or other internationally recognized association, with a minimum of three (3) actuarial exams completed
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related software/tools
- Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior consulting experience
- Ability to contribute to discussions with clients
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated and intellectually curious individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box and a clear passion for actuarial work. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlements, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.