Global Business Services - Senior Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll, and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team doesn’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
The Business Services and Outsourcing Senior Manager is a key role within the BSO senior management team. Your primary responsibility is to assist the Director team in managing the Business Services and Outsourcing (“BSO”) service charge team on a day-to-day basis together with delivering the strategy working closely with the other directors and manager team.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Build sustainable external and internal client relationships, especially with senior client contacts.
- Support Directors and Partners across GO in expanding the business further, supporting delivery of strategy, while also creating a strong team identity and culture
- Manage Quality and Risk at an operational and strategic level
- Lead specific strategy and operational focus areas/projects
- Develop and own a pipeline of new business opportunities to grow the business
- Empower and energise others to go the extra mile, leading to exceptional client service.
- Manage a portfolio of clients from a client service and financial controllership point of view, maximising profitability.
- Work with bid teams and help to lead client proposals and presentations.
- Lead special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Network and build relationships cross-stream and sector within and outside of BDO
A portfolio of clients will include:
- Commercial Property Agents and landlords that require independent accountants report on service charge accounting for a range of property portfolios.
- Other organisations in the Social Housing, Wider Property, and related sectors require the services offered by the service charge accounting center of excellence team.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will also:
- Lead large and/or complex client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, timely review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Assist in managing the overall team on a day-to-day basis. Ensures clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of each member of the team are agreed upon and recorded
- Lead client implementations and project transitions.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Project Director and Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to, as well as highlighting any potential risks as they arise.
- Support the cold and external review process, ensuring that client files always contain the appropriate documentation
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria, as well as leading on fee negotiations.
- Understand the firm’s contracting framework and ensure that any changes in the scope of client work are properly dealt with, from a commercial and risk management perspective
- Share knowledge within the team, proactively manage regulatory changes and facilitate research and personal development.
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Service Charge Accounting team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases, escalating to Directors and Partners as needed.
- Identify and recognise the new project and business opportunities for Global Outsourcing, and inform the Partner and client accordingly. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines, and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees).
- Work as part of the management team with other Global Outsourcing managers (e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings, and efficiency improvements).
- Promotes adheres to and supports “One Firm” behaviors
- Become regarded as a subject matter expert within GO
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (essential)
- Experience in managing complex transition projects
- Experience in managing ongoing operations using or within a shared service centre (desirable).
- Knowledge of major accounting systems and software solutions (desirable)
- Knowledge of the commercial and residential property sector (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of Excel, Word and PowerPoint (essential) and SharePoint (desirable)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days ’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax-efficient options to design a benefits package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance, or travel insurance;
- enroll in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest-free season ticket loan or interest-free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance program.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance, and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity, and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh, and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.