Technology Consulting - Anti-Money Laundering (AML) - Manager
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help leading financial institutions in the world stay ahead of key regulatory requirements in the Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management, Insurance spaces and Private Equity spaces and provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services.
We aim to deliver industry leading regulatory and technology insights to help our clients mitigate risks to their business. At EY, we hire professionals who have a diverse range of financial services, regulatory and technology backgrounds. This allows us to provide a broad range of advisory services in areas such as financial crimes, consumer compliance, regulatory transformation, traded products and wealth management.
You’ll get to work on cutting edge disruptive technologies and assist with building and implementing new technology solutions and products to address challenges faced by the banking industry.
As a member of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) Technology Consulting team, you’ll assist financial services firms with technology improvement in a broad range of regulatory compliance areas. You’ll be assisting initiatives that provide strategic enhancement of IT systems or operational processes supporting financial crimes and fraud risk management. You’ll be in a client facing role focused on delivery of regulatory remediation, process and technology improvement, and delivering insights to our clients through enabling technologies in anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions, and fraud.
You will also help clients manage credit, market and liquidity risk as well as regulatory regimes. We provide full lifecycle services to enable the implementation of best practice risk management processes and systems. We help clients respond to emerging risk and regulatory developments through implementing agile methodologies.
Our FSRM technology focus areas include Credit risk technology solutions, Treasury risk technology solutions, and Trading and market risk technology solutions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Deliver strategic enhancement of IT systems or operational processes supporting regulatory compliance within financial services firms
- Gain in-depth understanding of clients’ unique needs and goals, focus on delivery of regulatory remediation, process and technology improvement and provide insights to clients through enabling technologies
- Implement technology performance improvement using deep subject matter knowledge to address specific business concerns involving fraud prevention, detection and implementation.
- Perform in fraud risk assessments, process improvement, data analytics and fraud system implementation.
Skills and attributes for success
- Understand emerging issues, industry trends, regulations and new technologies relevant to financial crimes regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge along with the ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge
- Leverage prior domain experience in banking and capital markets, insurance or asset management
- Financial and risk background combined with technical skills to enable you to deliver practical, executable plans that enable our clients to succeed on their technology transformation agenda
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum five years of consulting or financial industry experience
- Familiarity or good understanding on emerging issues related to risk management including regulations, industry best practices and new technologies
- Hands-on experience in one or more phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements definition, architecture design, configuration and testing
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working with one or more technology platforms in the financial services risk and compliance domains
- Business requirements using agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA
- Financial crimes technology (e.g. Nice Actimize, Oracle Mantas, Pega, Fircosoft, Safe Banking Systems, LexisNexis Bridger)
- Fraud technology (e.g. Actimize, Mantas, Threat Metrix, Biocatch, Nuance, SAS Fraud Management, FALCON, Trusteer, RSA)
- Experience in one or more of the following subject areas:-
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Transaction Monitoring
- Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Sanctions and payment screening
- Trading compliance within brokerage, banking and asset management
- Asset management compliance, surveillance and forensics
- Fraud - employee, card, deposit, payment, mobile
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certifications
- Fraud transaction monitoring, fraud incident investigations, fraud business process evaluation and fraud risk assessments
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you will be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.