Core Operations, Sr Assc
Senior Associate within the Derivatives Recon COE is responsible for providing oversight and guidance to offshore staff for cash activities to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidate is expected to ensure prompt follow up is being completed on exceptions and timely problem resolution is being performed to mitigate risk and deliver excellent service to clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Ensure offshore team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines as set out in service level agreements
- Act as primary contact and key escalation point; provide technical expertise to resolve problems.
- Assist the implementation of new funds, systems, and processes. Assist with client conversions and projects
- Work with risk management and business control groups to identify and proactively resolve recurring client issues
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Assist additional groups within the team as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Knowledge of, or experience working with derivative products
- Ability to provide technical expertise and guidance to resolve daily problems.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.