Assistant Manager – Internal Audit Insurance Industry
Grant Thornton currently has exciting opportunities within their Insurance practice. Nuala Crimmins has joined Grant Thornton as Head of Insurance and has ambitious plans while the Firm undergoes a period of high growth.
The Insurance Team within Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is currently seeking driven and self-motivated professionals with experience in working in insurance companies and the regulatory environment.
The Insurance team is composed of senior ex-regulators along with people from industry and professional services, including actuaries and accountants. These roles present a great opportunity for driven individuals to work with experts in the area and develop their own knowledge and skills in the area and grow with the practice. The roles are primarily based from our headquarters on City Quay in Dublin City Centre, but working from our Regional offices will also be possible.
Due to our growth exciting new positions have arisen for experienced individuals to join our Insurance team. The Insurance team provides solutions to regulated entities to help them meet prudential regulatory challenges, ranging from supervisory reporting to providing technical advice on key regulations. The team also provides internal audit, risk management, regulatory, controls assurance advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement.
These roles will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The roles offer highly attractive career development and progression opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of internal audit engagements to regulated clients using internal audit methodology, project management and subject matter expertise skills
- Support the provision of risk management, regulatory, controls assurance advice and expertise to clients;
- Prepare detailed reports outlining project deliverables and where relevant professional recommendations;
- Growing your knowledge as changes in legislation and guidance are drafted and published;
- Assist in the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments; and
- Work towards becoming the subject matter expert in a relevant topic.
The following experience is highly desired:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an internal audit department or control assurance in the insurance industry or professional services;
- Operational risk and/ or internal audit experience in a risk advisory, control assurance or compliance monitoring role is a distinct advantage;
- Qualification relevant to risk management, regulatory compliance, internal audit, accounting, consulting, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, PIIA, MIIA, PMP, Six Sigma, etc.;
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude;
- Awareness of current topics in insurance and challenges facing the insurance industry;
- A work ethic which provides a ‘can do’ attitude;
- An ability to foster trusted relationships;
- Good written communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ensuring quality and timely service is delivered to clients;
- An ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job; and
- Strong organisational, verbal communication and time management skills.
These roles offer the successful candidates the opportunity to continue to build on their existing knowledge and skills, and to add great value to our team.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.