Senior Direct Tax Specialist
Senior Direct Tax Specialist role is designed for supporting and delivering activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team (MDT Team). It provides a very good exposure on Direct Tax Compliance and Group Reporting. The role also involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a preparer of a limited number of legal entities in (include location).
- Prepare and deliver on time and accurate tax calculation, payments, tax returns and reporting of ad hoc, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Direct Tax Provisions and related Advance Tax payments and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
- Support and work on transition additional/new scope migrations of Direct Tax Team activities.
- Proactively create and promote best practices, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence; and also engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Support audit (internal, external and Tax Authorities);
- Develop templates and collate information to respond inquiries from tax authorities and internal stakeholders;
- Owning the SOX controls and responsible for their effectiveness;
- Prepare and Support Annual Tax Return Preparation;
- Understand and operate tax provisioning and compliance tools;
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of changes in the process as may be relevant;
- Ensure timely submission of internal reports for direct tax reconciliation to the controllers;
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution;
- Responsible for various tax accounts reconciliation;
- Provide Quarterly submission of direct tax key performance indicators;
- Resolve basic direct tax issues, liaise with counterparties and other departments on variances reconciliations, plausibility checks, dry-run analysis;
- Supporting updates and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels;
- Providing strong support to Business Groups in their control of business related tax risks with accuracy and timely.
- University degree (Law, Economy, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting preferable)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting/finance in multinational environment
- Previous experience working in the area of corporate taxes/direct taxes
- Basic Knowledge of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS
- Microsoft Office skills, specially Excel tool
- Very good communication skills
- Comfortable working under time pressure situations
- Effective stakeholder management
- Fluent English
Accountable for delivery of key finance processes. FO drives value by delivering end-to-end operational excellence, capturing the integration value of being part of Shell and matching the operational performance of the best external providers. Delivery is driven through a strong performance culture focused on business/process outcomes, at a sustainable cost level.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.