£42,149 to £48,835 per annum (Grade 8)
Closing Date: Sunday 31 October 2021, Interview Date: Friday 26 November 2021
Are you a qualified accountant, with a strong background in Financial Accounting? Do you have well-developed leadership skills and a clear passion for developing motivated staff and strong teams? If so we would welcome your application for the Financial Accountant.
The Finance Department aims to provide, in a cost efficient, professional and timely manner, services that allow the University to meet its statutory financial obligations and internal financial management objectives.
Managing the financial accounting, treasury and indirect taxation aspects of the University, you will ensure all transactions within the finance system are recorded in line with current financial reporting requirements, and taxation regulations to provide a sound foundation for the production of management information reporting and financial forecasts.
As Financial Accountant you will:
- Manage the financial accounting aspect of the organisation’s financial management
- Produce the annual financial statements and associated notes within the necessary timeframes
- Maximise the financial well-being of the organisation in the short, medium and longer term by means of effective treasury management, and management of relationships with bankers and investment brokers on behalf of the University
- Ensure compliance with VAT regulations in recording all transactions, and manage and review the production and submission of all indirect tax returns, including quarterly VAT returns; annual PESM return; Corporation Tax return and EC sales list and other customs requirements
To be successful in the role you will have/be:
- Professionally qualified with a relevant degree/postgraduate qualification (CCAB or equivalent)
- Strong experience in a financial accounting role in a complex organisation working at a strategic and operational level.
- A comprehensive understanding of current accounting policies and standards, including HE/FE SORP, and VAT regulations, coupled with experience of all aspects of financial management and financial reporting
- Experience of successfully managing a team of high performing financial professionals and other staff
Please visit our website to view the full job description and to apply for this post.
Please note that we prioritise applications from current University of Kent redeployees. We will let you know if this post is to be filled by a redeployee as, in this instance, your application will unfortunately not be taken forward
The University of Kent values diversity and promotes equality at all levels.
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, interviews may take place remotely.