Audit Senior Associate
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position of Audit Senior Associate for our Hanoi office. Detailed tasks of and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Overall Role Purpose: To work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
- Is aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spots opportunities to educate clients of those services;
- Is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm.
- Takes responsibility for wider client management and liaison on smaller less complex assignments;
- Takes an active part in the audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and appropriate audit strategy;
- Communicates any issues relating to an audit with Manager or Partner including matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage;
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages;
- Oversees all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion;
- Prepares or reviews work papers and drafts of the financial statements;
- Produces client deliverables, specifically drafting sections of the report to management;
- Addresses, discusses and advances conclusion in respect of technical and audit issues identified during the course of the audit;
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients' business;
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff;
- Adheres to the Firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual;
- Delegates work to other members of the Audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received appropriate on-the-job training/coaching;
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes;
- Maintains an understanding of audit methodology;
- Contributes to departmental and office meeting;
Operations and results
- Controls the audit in relation to timescales and risk management procedures;
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service;
- Accurately records time spent and documents reasons for overruns;
- Communicates workload with Manager or Partner.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role;
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations;
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Minimum of 2.5 years in a professional services/corporate environment, working as an auditor;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written;
- Professional qualification (CAT, ACCA, ICAEW, VNCPA, CPA Australia) is preferable;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Good at Microsoft Office skill.
- Your application, resume must be in English;
- Name your file with quoting reference: “Application – Audit Senior – HN Office”;
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Application and Resume to be sent via the form below.