Accounts Semi Senior (Healthcare Team)
We are looking for an Accounts Semi Senior to join our Healthcare team in the Kent region.
The role of Accounts Semi Senior includes preparing statutory accounts for companies, as well as partnerships and sole traders within our growing Healthcare team. You will also prepare corporation tax and draft corporation tax returns with XBRL tagged accounts for review by the tax team.
There are lots of opportunities to grow your career with the firm, plus a supportive learning and development programme available.
At MHA MacIntyre Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
We are looking for motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to grow as a firm. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 28 days annual leave on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days (rising to 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- after qualifications completed, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Reward and recognition bonuses available, with no cap on how many you can be awarded in a year
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4,000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Qualifications and Skills
- AAT qualified or part qualified
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
- Strong double entry knowledge
- Ideally a good working knowledge of Xero, QBO and other IT packages, although training would be available
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Ad hoc advisory work
- Commercial awareness and client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and staff
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers or used in any way during the selection process.