Senior Derivatives Specialist, Associate 2
Senior Derivatives Specialist, Associate 2 will be responsible for accurately handling OTC derivatives, including (but not limited to) CFD, Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate Swap, Basket Swap, Total Return Swap, Options and cash transactions to our Custody and Accounting systems. This individual will resolve data quality issues through interaction with other processing teams, client service and brokers. The candidate will act as a first level resource within assigned business unit to process transactions in accordance to established procedures. The individual will perform various daily tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines and assist with other related duties as required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Derivatives Specialist a you will be responsible for
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Perform daily process checks and provide support within the deadlines
- Ensure all transactions are booked within various systems and communicated third parties.
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Offer suggestions for updating, standardizing and improving the process where possible
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues with a sense of urgency
- Identifies and takes ownership of issues. Ensures problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Assists team with creating, updating and maintaining procedures.
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on principles of the process
- Adhere to established operating risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Attention to details, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Advanced PC skills including MS Office applications (MS Excel mostly)
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork; organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
- Working knowledge of software packages particularly Microsoft Excel
- Business related degree (preferred)
- Preferred but not essential: Minimum 1 year of related work experience in custody, fund accounting, derivatives and/or experience in an financial/analytical environment
- Knowledge of financial securities markets and understanding of OTC products and their lifecycle would be an asset
- Good Command in English
- Interesting process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor,
- Diversity of opportunities across a range challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.