Assistant Manager – AML, Risk Consulting Advisory
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
We are a team of passionate and experienced professionals from various disciplines, assisting several organisations with identifying, anticipating and managing business risks. We have an exciting portfolio of clients across financial services and non-financial services sectors. Our work spans across various service lines: conducting internal audits (including IT audits), providing assistance to ensure regulatory compliance, providing AML/CFT advisory and assistance, and helping clients in managing business risks. Over the past years, our Risk Consulting Team has grown considerably. Today, it comprises a number of experienced and talented professionals with different skill sets, including auditors, accountants, actuaries, banking and insurance specialists and AML/CFT experts.
We are currently looking for an AML Assistant Manager to join the AML Advisory team within our well-established Risk Consulting Advisory department in view of our expanding business opportunities. Although the role entails your assistance to AML Advisory Services to subject persons, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to other risk advisory projects and also assist the Firm’s external audit team in AML/CFT walkthroughs as part of the financial statements.
- Conduct AML/CFT engagements, up to the issue of deliverables, under supervision of the AML Service line leadership and provide support to team members, ensure that all deliverables are of high quality and concluded in timely manner;
- Plan and budget AML/CFT engagements ensuring effective internal and external co-ordination on workplans;
- Mentor, guide and supervise other advisors within the team;
- Participate and deliver training sessions to subject persons, as may be required from time to time;
- Assist and respond to enquiries received from prospective clients and together with service line leadership prepare proposals for the clients’ consideration;
- Contribute to the service line’s business development initiatives;
- Follow the local and international AML/CFT scene, monitor and review any developments within the emerging AML/CFT regulatory environment;
- Take ownership of self-development, including stretch assignments, to prepare for greater responsibilities and career growth and takes the initiative to seek out opportunity for continued learning;
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and internally to provide well-coordinated and consistent high-performance results; and,
- Carry out any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the service line leadership.
- A minimum of three years of AML/CFT experience with preference given to candidates exhibiting experience with subject persons across the various sectors;
- University degree in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Law, Economics, Criminology, Accountancy or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven experience in an area, which is relevant to this position;
- In-dept knowledge of the AML/CFT regulatory framework across all sectors;
- A superb team player with excellent communication and analytical skills, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Good organisational skills, able to delegate work and manage a team;
- Able to prioritise and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to meet the needs of the team and business;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Willing to pursue a relevant qualification such as ICA and/or CAMS. Preference will be given to candidates holding such certifications.
We are looking for a colleague who is a team player and progressive thinker who can communicate ideas with passion. This career opportunity also provides excellent exposure within the KPMG network and provides the right candidate further career and development opportunities.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.