Extended Assurance - Internal Audit Senior /Assistant Manager - Banking & Capital Markets
Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are looking for Internal Audit professionals who have a strong background in Banking & Capital Markets and Internal Audit. Ideally, candidates will have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
Your key responsibilities
EY’s Internal Audit team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Banking & Capital Markets industry.
Join us and you'll work on teams with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will;
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified or equivalent
- Experience working with Banking clients
- Some experience of internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley)
- Knowledge of business process, operational process and process analysis
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
- Market knowledge
Ideally you’ll also have
- Experience with innovation and transforming internal audit processes
- A track record with a blue chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
What we look for
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Insurance Risk Advisory Practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.