ACCA Trainee/PQ Pensions Audit - Reading
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our specialist Pensions department works with all sizes of pension schemes. We help clients understand and manage key business risks, improve business processes and operating efficiency and assure the validity of vital business information
As an Associate within our Audit Group in Reading, you will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our clients delivering efficient and effective assurance services. What's more you won't always find yourself in a purely office-based role, as we encourage you to work with clients on their own sites when this is practical and efficient. If you are a confident team player, have excellent communications skills, and have a genuine interest in studying towards an accountancy qualification, consider EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Preparing accurate assurance documentation for review
- Take ownership for nominated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion of smaller clients
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of the audit process to develop knowledge
- Complete work allocated by direct supervisor within budget and deadlines
- Gain knowledge on engagements of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm's knowledge resources
- Gather and analyse data, and perform detailed audit testing
Skills and attributes for success
- An understanding of what an audit is and some previous audit experience OR an accountancy background preferred
- Strong motivation to study towards the ACCA qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A Levels/Highers or equivalent
- Degree, or suitable previous work experience in a professional role
What we look for
- Solid IT skill, experience of working with excel and ERP systems.
- Strong communicating skills
- Team working skill
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implementactions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.