EMEA Corporate Tax Senior Manager (AVP Equivalent)
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world?s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley?s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Provide tax considerations into key business decisions
- Establish and maintain close partnership with key business functions, in particular Finance, Legal, HR, and Treasury
- Lead and drive significant advisory matters and group tax projects
- Drive innovation and process efficiency improvements
- Develop and mentor junior team members, providing technical training and support
- Proactively monitor international tax legislative changes and assess impact on the business, propose plan of action to senior stakeholders
- Manage tax compliance, audits and reporting within UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Review quarterly effective tax rates for US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Department Profile:
- The EMEA Tax Department is responsible for Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Business Unit Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt and Budapest. Members work closely across the EMEA region and with the NY and Asia offices. Also with wider Finance, Treasury and Legal Departments.
This is a senior role within the Firm Tax team, with Corporate Tax compliance, reporting and accounting in 25 jurisdictions across EMEA. The candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of companies and processes, both within the UK and across the EMEA region, and will lead / contribute to various strategic projects eg corporate restructuring, acquisitions, disposals, regulatory changes etc.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Proficient UK Corporation Tax compliance knowledge and experience.
- ACCA/CIMA/CA or ATT/CTA qualifications
- 8+ years of UK Corporation tax work experience in Practice or Industry
- Strong project management skills
- Worked in collaborative teams, provided training and motivated others
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work, controls and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Experience of Alphatax would be an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.