Senior Manager - UK&I Audit - Leeds
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Successfully managing teams
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Develop, maintain and build new business relationships
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualification (or international equivalent) - preferably first time passes
- Experience leading on Assurance engagements in a Senior Manager role or equivalent
- Significant Audit experience in sectors such as Energy, Real Estate, Products & services and Technology Media and Telecoms
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working in a team/project management
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness . We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.