Manager, Audit, Assurance, EY, Belfast (full time and part time / flexible working)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line. You will work in highest performing teams serving our clients both in the office and off-site at client premises.The opportunity
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line you will work in highest performing teams serving our clients locally and globally working both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our audit team work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies and to whom we provide the best available ongoing personal and professional development.
We provide a consistent audit by assembling the right multi-disciplinary team to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. And because we understand that, to achieve your potential, you need a tailored service as much as a consistent methodology, we work to give you the benefit of our deep sector knowledge, our full subject matter knowledge and the latest insights from our work worldwide.
Your key responsibilities
Typical activities will include the following:
- Manage client relationships/expectations and develop client portfolio.
- Develop relations with existing clients in order to gather feedback on the quality of work delivered and to gain ideas for improvement of services delivered.
- Effectively manage audit teams and actively coach and develop team members
- Active involvement in the recruitment of staff
- Plan and manage own performance and development
- Develop technical expertise -both functional and industry
- Responsible for planning and managing assignments for compliance with all technical requirements including:
- Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues.
- Reviewing and approving for partner's signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm's interest in the client's business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
Responsible for handling various assignments concurrently, including:
Pre Audit / other project:
- Preparation of audit project proposals, budgets, negotiations over fee and contract terms.
Audit field work:
- Monitoring audit progress including compliance with budgets and deadline.
- Ensuring that audit work is being allocated to team members on a level commensurate with their past experience
- Review of audit work papers and reporting to the relevant partner / director
- Adequate fee recovery, variance analysis, billing procedures and pursuing overdue accounts.
- Arrangement of closing meeting including preparation of support for agenda.
- Controlling preparation of final version accounts and reports.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Worked on Large / Multinational clients
- Clearly demonstrate an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience, including at least one in a role as an audit manager or with equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & “new” UK GAAP
- An ability to manage projects and teams
- High Technical Knowledge
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of working in a similar environment.
What we look for
- EY looks to attract innovative people, team players and those with excellent client focus.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.