Assistant Manager, Government Sector, Enterprise Risk, Consulting, BelfastAssistant Manager, Governm
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Enterprise Risk Consulting practice is an integral part of our Consulting Services business. The Consulting Services business is a fast-growing division within EY, a dynamic group focused on providing high value, independent and trusted advice to our Government clients across the Island of Ireland. The key to our success is in helping these clients solve difficult business issues via integrating a range of skills set areas from risk and internal controls optimisation, process transformation, IT, people and organisational change, supply chain and programme advisory.
We are seeking risk professionals at all levels, to join our expanding Government Enterprise Risk Consulting team. We are looking for team players with excellent communication and professional skills, knowledge of the leading practice processes and the development and optimisation of governance, risk management and internal controls. Ideally, you will have experience in working with Government clients and be passionate about making an impact and a ‘Better Working World’ for our clients. As this is a growing service line, there will be significant opportunities for progression, at all levels.
Working in our Risk practice, you will have the opportunity to support our clients with complex issues, and provide governance, risk management, internal controls and process improvement advice and solutions. You will benefit from working closely with our teams across the Practice and will have access to our EY digital solutions and technology. You will develop valuable experience in a variety of clients.You will work within different sized, multi-disciplinary teams and play a key role in ensuring high quality outputs and service to our clients. The role involves developing knowledge and implementing new solutions in order to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients.
Your key responsibilities
- To work as key part of a high performing team
- Lead and support on complex Government engagements, including Transformation Programmes, delivering governance, risk and controls advisory and internal audit projects
- You will have the ability to led teams and manage junior members of staff
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including C suite management
- Acts as a team player; helps others on the team at all levels
- Contribute as an effective team member and, under supervision, take accountability for deliverables.
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to establish personal credibility with clients; is professional in conduct and demonstrates expertise.
- A track record of delivering internal controls and internal audit projects or reviews that meets or exceeds expectations, offers real insight to client’s (internal and external) on their business and adds real value to business performance
- Finds logical or innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Plans and coordinates own workload and that of other team members. Meet deadlines, quality and risk objectives, taking appropriate action to address issues as they arise.
- Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills.
- Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing that impact performance of team members.
To Qualify for the role you must have
- Strong experience in Government of providing governance, risk management and internal audit support (in financial and operational processes).
- Sound appreciation of a best practice guidance and of internal control and effective risk management and not just for compliance purposes
- An ability to utilise core risk and controls skills in a broad range of projects both in a traditional internal audit and in advisory projects aimed at assisting in the implementation of controls / improvements.
- An understanding of Project Management.
- Professional; quickly establishes personal credibility and demonstrates expertise.
- Primary Degree (2.1) or above, from a leading university or equivalent
- There are no specific professional qualifications required, but is expected that candidates will have suitable professional qualification, e.g. Qualified Accountant / Internal Auditor / Risk practitioner – ACA, CIMA or ACCA, or IIA
- Experience working in Big 4, global management consultancy firm with an appropriate internal audit or consulting background.
- Strong experience of internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
- Industry Experience
- Particular interest in a number of Government sectors, including:
- Power & Utilities
- Technology, Communications & Entertainment
- Consumer Products or Government and Public Sector
What we look for
We are looking for people who are able to establish personal credibility with clients / are professional in conduct and demonstrates expertise. A track record of delivering internal controls and internal audit projects or reviews that meets or exceeds expectations, offers real insight to client’s (internal and external) on their business and adds real value to business performance & finds logical or innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.