Senior Advisor, Corporate Tax, Financial Services (Open to flexible working)
This role can be based in one of the following EY offices: Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Manchester.
Join EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice as a Senior Advisor and you will be helping clients meet the complex demands of today’s tax environment. You will help to manage relationships with some of our key local and national clients, both delivering services and introducing deep specialists to them as required.
You will help them understand the tax implications of political, regulatory, accounting and law changes and build in sustainable strategies to deal with them. With a focus on tax compliance, tax reporting and audit you will also have the opportunity to get involved in advisory and transactions.
EY has ambitious plans to develop and expand in National Markets and further develop our high performing teams. Working in our FS Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team will allow you to serve and strengthen relationships with our clients locally and make significant contributions to a number of national accounts.
Our FS Global Compliance and Reporting team has grown rapidly over recent years to 120 people and created the need for local tax expertise specialised in the sector. Joining the team will give you the unique opportunity to influence, shape and mould the tax practice whilst gaining invaluable experience. You will have the opportunity to bring your expertise to help drive the growth of our business and build key relationships with prestigious clients. Playing a key role in this success will give you the skills you need to propel your career to the highest level, while gaining a broader experience than you might receive in larger teams.
If you’re creative, innovative, curious and looking to progress in your career this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service
- Ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken on all projects
- Identifying and driving opportunities – use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to new projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
- Counsel and develop more junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategically and commercially aware
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player who integrates with new teams quickly
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in corporate tax with a large accountancy or law firm, HMRC or in-house tax team
- Any of the following preferred: ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
Ideally, you will also have
- Project management experience
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of developments in UK and international tax concepts and your awareness of issues affecting the financial services sector so that you can better advise our clients. The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
- Tax reporting
- Tax compliance
- General advisory and applying new tax legislation
- Impact of regulation and regulatory reporting
- Tax due diligence and structuring advice
- Managing relationships with HMRC
In return, we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.