Assistant Manager - Global Business Services – Reading
We’ll broaden your horizons
Are you looking to further your career in accountancy? We are looking for an experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. We are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Bristol Global Business Services team specialises in providing international accounting services. We require a Senior Executive to join our team to deliver all aspects of client accounting operations to our growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path
We’ll help you succeed
You will work as part of the management team to oversee the quality of technical output for all deliverables ensuring each assignment is delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible. They will be a point of escalation solving issues raised by the client and the team. In this role you will have a key role in the development of our team, promoting BDO values. As an Assistant Manager you will have direct reports whom you will support with performance, development and wellbeing. You will also:
- Review of financial reporting requirements for clients to a high level of quality and delivered in line with agreed timetables
- Building strong client relationships, acting as a point of escalation for their client, dealing with issues and responding to client requests
- Providing effective coaching, feedback and management of junior team members
- Effective People Management for those for direct reports.
- Demonstrating effective risk management, raising issues alongside proposed solutions with managers when required
- Identifying and driving forward process improvements within the team
- Involvement in non-client projects to contribute to strategic objectives.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA,CIMA)
- Experience with managing multiple deadlines
- Experience working with clients with variety of foreign operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.