GBS - Client Service Manager - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO’s Global Business Services team specialises in providing packaged outsourced management accounting, regulatory reporting and compliance solutions to international groups. Our clients are often listed on UK or US exchanges. This includes groups embarking on international expansion through to mature and developed multi-national groups. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity to join a successful and expanding team to hone your accounting and leadership skills.
Global Business Services is part of BDO’s Business Services and Outsourcing (“BSO”) stream. BSO is essential to meeting our clients evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally.
By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will:
- Manage the performance and delivery of the client team to ensure a high quality and effective service to your client portfolio in accordance with risk management requirements
- Use your experience of accounting to ensure complex transactions are accurately reported
- Act as the central point of contact and escalation for your clients, both internally and externally, linking them to wider BDO services to meet their needs
- Build strong relationships with your clients, colleagues and more widely across the BDO network. Quickly demonstrating a strong understanding of the clients’ businesses and identifying business development opportunities
- Input to and be responsible for delivery of our strategic objectives
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or overseas equivalent with 5+ years post qualified experience
- Proven experience of managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects, deliverables and project teams
- Experience should include management accounting and an understanding of VAT and corporate tax
- Have the ability to advise on and implement financial systems, processes and controls
- Managing and developing staff, including co-ordinating internal projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising etc
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Oracle, Sun, SAP Business1, Netsuite, etc.
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- private medical insurance
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.