Extended Assurance Manager - Prudential Regulation - Banking & Capital Markets - London
At EY, our Financial Services Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result.
Extended Assurance is part of our Financial Services Assurance practice and provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms’ internal processes.
The prudential regulatory assurance team sits within Extended Assurance and provides Banks and Investment Firms with advice and assurance in relation to prudential regulatory requirements and the associated regulatory reporting (e.g., CoRep).
The regulatory regime is complex and continues to evolve at pace, such as with the introduction of Basel IV and CRD V. Together with enhanced scrutiny from regulators over Firm’s regulatory reporting, we are seeing increased demand from Firms for advice and independent assurance related to prudential regulatory requirements.
We are looking for experienced Managers/Senior Managers with have a strong background in financial services prudential regulation and/or assurance, to join our team of prudential regulatory and assurance specialists.
Your key responsibilities
- You will work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Senior Managers, Directors and Partners.
- Work on and lead consulting and assurance projects related to prudential regulatory requirements, regulatory reporting and governance and control frameworks. For example:
- COREP reviews
- Supporting the development of ICAAPs and ILAAPs
- Support clients identify the impact of changing regulatory requirements
- Provide technical advice and support on the application of capital and liquidity requirements
- Provide specialist support to External and Internal Audit colleagues in relation to prudential regulatory requirements and reporting
- Delivering Section 166 reviews to the FCA and PRA
- Manage teams in the day-to-day delivery of client engagements and work with other service lines on larger multi-disciplinary projects
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members to support their career development
- Participate and lead in business development activities and training workshops
- Build strong relationships both within EY and externally with clients
Skills and attributes for success
- You will use your expertise in prudential regulation and assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm’s and industry standards
- You will be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site and potentially travelling internationally
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential
- Individuals who can demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in financial services with a focus on either prudential regulatory requirements and regulatory reporting OR assurance and internal controls
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of retail, commercial, wholesale and/or investment banking sectors
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to develop networks both internally within EY and with clients
- Ability to lead the day to day delivery of client engagements and strong project management skill
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Pillar 1 capital requirements in either Credit Risk, CCR, Market Risk or Liquidity requirements
- External audit or internal controls/audit experience
- Evidence of working in an assurance related role either in a professional services firm or in industry with a blue-chip employer
- Experience with governance and risk management frameworks supporting prudential regulatory requirements
- Professional qualification ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA
What we look for
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.