Project Accountant- (163030)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Job Holder's Primary Objectives:
The primary duty of the Project Accountant is accountability for all finance aspects related to projects being delivered to the UK client base. This includes taking ownership of project setup’s, billing, project costs, purchase orders and requisitions, and ensuring timesheet completion.
To provide an effective, efficient and professional support service to all internal and external customers
In this role we will count on you to:
- Produce all draft invoices for all designated areas and distribute to Project Manager for review
- Ensure responses are collated and actioned in a timely manner
- Liaise with other team members to ensure resolution of all queries
- Ensure invoices are sent to clients and relevant cut-off deadlines are met.
- Process PIFs and set-up all new projects within EBS in line within agreed timeframes
- Ensure all contract variances and changes to revenue are reflected within approved forecasts on EBS in a timely basis
- Work with Project Managers and team members to ensure forecast costs to completion are up-to-date
- Raising of project related purchase requisitions and tracking purchase orders
- Ensure all timesheets are completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Assisting project managers with financial and accounting issues
- Assist Project Accountants and the wider finance team on an ad-hoc basis
- Previously experience of working with accounting systems and ERP, ideally EBS and Oracle.
- Competency in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Experience in dealing with projects in different currencies
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of processes and ability to work within a framework to make things happen
- Analytic with strong academic background
- Proven experience of working in a finance role, ideally with project accounting experience
- Structured and organised in their approach and able to manage projects
- Must be a team player, willing to step into the wider team roles when required
- A good communicator and collaborate effectively with a broad range of non -financial staff.
Able to work comfortably in an agile environment with the ability to make rapid decisions in a fast-moving company
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.