Payment Operations Team Leader
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Not least our Finance Operations department. We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £4bn of sales and payments a year, across 500+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
We are looking for a Payment Operations Team Leader to join the Finance Operations team!
The Payment Operations team are responsible for anything to do with payments online so from dealing with multiple incidence calls daily, through to cash losses in store and failed refunds then you and your team will need to be able to work at pace and think fast to resolve problems and incidents efficiently and effectively. You will manage 4 people, 2 in the UK and 2 Overseas.
Ideally you will have some experience within a team leader or management role and within a Finance/ Banking or Payments background. You’ll be a highly technical person who is able to think fast and problem solve in a concise and logical manner.
It’s important that you have strong stakeholder management experience and the ability to problem solve, prioritise customer impact and financial controls above all. You’ll be able to work with both business and technical teams to deliver BAU and changes and also think of new ideas to make positive changes.
About the role
- To centralised Finance Response/ coordination around payment Incidents
- To work with technical teams, customers and systems to coordinate complex Incidents
- All day to day operational functions and queries relating to, or originating from payment operations
- Coordination of key business projects across multiple business areas.
- Building and maintaining effective internal Stakeholder and 3rd party relationships.
- Identifying and improving procedures, processes and controls, assisting with the evolution and automation needs of the finance function.
- Day to day supervision of Finance Operations payments team
- Coordination of payment incidents between Finance, internal support teams and 3rd party card acquirers.
- Working closely with Internal support teams to ensure correct procedure and system operations are implemented
- Audit control of manual payment processing throughout all online business functions
- Management of the 3rd party relationships that fulfil payment processes according to SLA’s, in order to ensure the best possible service to our customers and stakeholders
- Providing coaching, guidance and support of the Incident management process to ensure It delivers against the expectations of the company
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the business.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Excel, someone that calls themself an expert.
- SQL & Microsoft SSMS is experience is desirable but not essential
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.