Finance Associate - Payments
Purpose of the role
The Financial Operations team is responsible for supplier invoice processing, payments and other financial transactional processes. This role will be part of a team with responsibility for one or more of these processes and associated supplier and business engagement.
This role is based in Primark Head Office in Dublin.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key operational tasks will include:
- Processing of payments using the Oracle Financial System. Methods of payment include automated and manual EFT and cheque issues.
- Processing treasury payments, including Payroll/VAT/TAX on different Banking platforms
- Managing and clearing AP bank reconciling items in across multiple entities and accounts
- Ensuring payments are processed and signed off adhering tight deadlines
- Processing of Direct Debits and Standing orders in the AP module.
- Investigating and correcting rejected payments
- Payments queries
- Work with our highly experienced teams to ensure all transactions are processed in accordance with our policies and procedures and all our inventory & reconciliation processes are completed in line with business requirements.
- Work closely with the business to maximise processing efficiency
- Work with our vendors and Sourcing and Procurement functions to maximise processing efficiency and manage compliance
- Deliver a high level of customer service to our vendors and business partners
- Work with our 3rd party providers to ensure daily operational interfaces are working as scheduled
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders of Financial Operations
- Create, validate and maintain business process procedures
- Adhere to period end processing and reporting schedules
- Engage in continuous process quality improvement and enhanced customer service in line with targets and metrics.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Banking platforms, invoices automation tools. Other systems experience is also desirable e.g. experience of P2P systems, Xmpro, B4B, access on line, etc.
- Participation in projects, testing of new functionality on IT systems, validation of vendor master data, period end processing and reporting and other ad hoc duties as the business requires.
Knowledge, skills experience:
- Excellent English both oral and written with additional language a plus
- Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a business/administration related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
- Experience in a similar role in a shared service environment is highly desirable
- Highest level of attention to detail is required
Other desirable experience/awareness in a retail environment includes:
- Knowledge of letters of credit and forward collection payment arrangements
- Commission, Inspection and supplier claims processes
- Knowledge of customs & duty processes
- Knowledge of reprocessing and supplier returns
- Understanding the supply chain and its touch points with Financial Operations
- Understanding of Buying & Merchandising and its touch points with Financial Operations
- IT skills to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
- A flexible approach to work and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
The ideal individual will:
Our team in Financial Operations continuously search for new ways to improve the performance of our work to become the best at what we do. The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy working as part of this team in a fast paced environment. He/She will thrive on change within a continuous improvement culture and will be delighted to contribute to the creation of a first class, best practice financial operation.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.