Assistant Manager Internal Audit
Participate in opening meetings with auditee to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement and provide an overview of the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and defined internal audit methodology.
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager Internal Audit.
- Participate in closing meetings with auditee at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the department and senior management.
- Assists in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Support in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interests of members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Engage in consulting services through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities and provide value added recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes.
- Collect, coordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Audit Committee meeting.
- Any other duty assigned by the management.
Experience and Qualification:
CAF with Articles / CA Finalist / ACCA member / CIA
Articles preferably from a reputed firm/Big four.
Experience in internal audit will be an added advantage.
Experience of auditing in advanced IS environments i.e. SAP will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
- Well-developed technical skills in MS office, Visio, usage of auditing software and intelligent analytical or BI tools is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical capability.
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.