Audit & Accounts Manager
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
In return the role is offering a competitive salary with a great benefits package.
The role requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to motivate and lead people, be a role model, a need to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and detailed approach to problems. Our Audit & Accounts Manager will be committed to being part of the wider firm, be ambitious and enjoy the challenge that comes with change. You will be a key part of the Audit/Accounts team and will be responsible for the smooth running of any professional work associated with a wide range of clients that will include audit and other clients. You will also be responsible for the line management and development of junior members of the team. You will be involved in the administrative processes of the firm and you will actively get involved in all other aspects of working as part of a team to deliver business success.
The key duties of this role are as follows:-
- Controlling any work required on a range of audit and non-audit accounts assignments meeting all internal, client based and legislative deadlines on an annual basis.
- Line management of the audit and accounts department and any associated personnel. You will plan and review work to be undertaken on client matters by staff members and you will be responsible for its review and progress through the firm.
- Ensuring that the firm's standard processes are used in the production of audit and accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained with the ability to answer technical questions proficiently and confidently.
- You will be expected to supervise, develop and assist more junior members of personnel and give constructive feedback on their performance.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your team has a training plan and that you ensure they access training and development opportunities relevant to them.
- You will be expected to have (or to acquire) and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role.
- You will keep up to date with internal policies, procedures and announcements and ensure anyone reporting to you does the same.
- To professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals at all times.
- Regular attendance at Haines Watts or other provider led training and seminars to further develop and maintain any technical and personal development skills.
- You must be able to show leadership and give support and guidance to junior members of the accounting team
- Ensure job assignment is carried out in an effective and timely manner
- Be involved (lead) in staff appraisals
- Assist apprentices whilst training and offer help and advice where needed
- Regular communication/meetings with senior management to provide updates
- Have knowledge of paperless systems - e.g. My Workpapers
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Development opportunities
- A collaborative and supportive working environment
- Competitive salary
f you are keen to secure a progressive Audit role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.