Operations Manager, Financial Reporting
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
Responsible for managing the Financial Reporting group(s). Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions. Makes staffing decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities. Key decision-maker for the salary review process. Manages and directs individuals within the relevant groups, usually through relevant direct reports. Participates in developing/provides input and support to the strategic plan and budget management process. Provides additional leadership support within large specialized groups.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Provides input and support to budget management process
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set
- Have been on similar operation management level for at least 2 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional/Industry Knowledge is required. Strong financial reporting background gained from MNC.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.