Recovery Assistant Group Leader | IKEA | Oman
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will Optimize recovery of store stock losses and minimize the impact of our activities on the environment to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store in the local market.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Graduate (Bachelor of Commerce) / Business Management
- 5 – 7 years goods flow and supply chain management experience
- Knowledge of retail operations
•Meet or exceed sales and P & L objectives i.e. recovery index of 75-80%, returns management and damages & destructions budgets, quality/receiving credits, returns, staff costs and productivity.
- Assist the ISL Manager and Inventory team in order to provide a smooth running department, which in turn provides the best customer experience and maintain store stock accuracy
- To meet ICSS expectations, provide a positive customer shopping experience through operating an efficient, organized and safe As Is selling floor. As the Quality Control Ambassador, lead the Quality function to demand the best of the IKEA pipeline to better serve our customers.
- Develop action plans and partner with all areas of the store to achieve business goals and Operational Review standards.
- Work as an advocate of IKEA’s environmental goals and ensure operations are structured to meet or exceed Concept requirements.
- Promote and implement Recovery Concept throughout store according to the Recovery Manual guidelines.
- Ensure the smooth running of the As Is department and endeavour to resell all recovered stock in order to increase sales.
- Monitor and maintain an effective hardware/spare parts inventory system.
- Contribute as a member of the In Store logistics Management team, lead the Recovery team and manage the As-Is area.
- Monitor transfer types and maintain confirmation system for returned products to achieve goals.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Positively impact co-workers through training and coaching of the Recovery co-workers to meet the expectation of their Key Tasks.
- Ensure a safe pleasant co-worker working environment through operating an efficient and organized AS-IS selling floor, stock confirmation room and processing room
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.